Requirements for Graduate Admission
SHMU Requirements for Graduate Admission
Prospective postgraduate students to SHMU might wish at broadening their academic knowledge and becoming professional leaders.
So, we encourage all applicants to apply to SHMU. Before you fill in the online application form, make sure that you exhibit the required
qualifications and hold the essential documents. As a graduate applicant, you should meet certain requirements depending on the program
you are applying for. The list below outlines required documents for graduate application to SHMU:
- A satisfactory academic record: Applicants must obtain a record of transcripts from the institution they have attended. There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
Graduation Degrees and Certificates:
a) B.Sc. and secondary school or equivalent certificates for the applicants of M.Sc. degree.
b) M.Sc. and B.Sc. or equivalent certificates for the applicants of Ph.D. degree.
c) M.B.B.S./M.D. or equivalent certificates for the applicants of Specialty Programs
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): This includes your personal information as well as your education background and work experience.
- Cover Letter: This letter demonstrates which program you are deciding to apply for.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Scanned copy of the main page of your passport in high quality in any graphic format (PDF, JPEG, and PNG)
- Passport-size photo
- Language requirements: Evidence of English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 533, 72 and 5.5 respectively.
Note 1: Applicants who have failed to meet minimum language requirements are allowed to apply as well. In case they are admitted to SHMU,
they will undergo a language placement test at their arrival for assessment of their ability of speaking and reading English and Persian.
Then, they should participate in language courses based on their level of performance on this test.
Note 2: Applicants from Persian (Farsi) Speaking countries (they shall both speak and write in Persian) who have applied for graduate
degree-based programs may be exempted, based on the decision of the department, from submitting any certificates regarding their
English Language Proficiency. Nevertheless, they are required to hand in their English language certificate which meets SHMU’ minimal language proficiency requirements,
within one year from commencing their studies at SHMU.
• Iranian citizens and Iranian applicants who hold dual citizenship cannot apply to SHMU International Education Program (IEP). They must sit the National Entrance Examination (Konkur).
• Each academic year consists of 2 semesters and a summer break. The fall and winter semesters begin in September and February, respectively.
• SHMU provides single undergraduate students with dormitory rooms and apartments, which are fully furnished and include Wi-Fi internet, utilities, TV, etc.